Who We Are
We are an 'all weather' facility where science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) activities are integrated into a fun 'hands on' children's science museum.
What happens at the Children's Science Play Room?
It's a place where families or teachers with young children can play alongside each other, explore and learn while increasing their understanding of the world around them.
We provide opportunities for children to extend their learning into a wide range of interests that we will endeavour to support with the help of their families.
Our displays are designed to encourage engagement and interaction. This way everyone has a wonderful time of fun dramatic play creating meaningful special moments of educational discovery. Individual Chemistry Experiments with an experienced teacher from 11:00 am and 14:00 pm.
All displays and resources have links to science theories and principles.
Expectations from staff at Children's Science Play Room:
- Supervision: Adults have to interact and supervise the children in their care. No drop off and leaving of any child (up to 14years of age) allowed.
- One adult with no more than four children ages 5 plus.
- One adult with no more than three children for ages under 5.
- Shoes off in the "My Garden" area. Socks with grips please.
- NO BAGS and prams allowed inside the areas please.
- No dogs (except guide dogs) or other pets allowed please.
We encourage the development of life skills and encourage everyone to show respect to the display areas. Reset it for the next person before you leave it.Contact us